View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: An Unprecedented Time: Teenagers and Poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of people will have amazing stories to tell ten years from now, and not much else - many professional poker players included.

A lot of players will have debts and drug addictions that will take years to recover from.

Very few will be able to sustain the comfortable living that they are enjoying now.

It is possible that the success will be prolonged with legislation, or legalization in Asian countries, but even then, the games will dry up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zee, I seriously disagree that poker will be "dried up" in 10 years. I believe that we are barely scratching the surface of the scratch. Many people thought that Amway would be dead 10 yrs ago and its still a pretty viable company.

Please do explain. Lots of guys were making HUGE bank long before the moneymaker boom, and sure, it may slow down a little, but I cannot see this poker phenomenon drying up anytime soon.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, "dry up" means the games get tougher at the higher limits. One can only move up the blinds to a certain point.

A simple example would be the good regulars at 2k NL. They don't like the variance [or not good enough] at 25/50NL+ so they chill at 2k and shoot at the players taking shots.