View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: bcs championship game??

[ QUOTE ]
I just dont get all the focus on one single game. Its just a conference game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it is just a conference game against one of the best teams in the conference b/c it is a game vs the other division's winner (got it?)--so no it isn't really just a conference game, why would you even say that? sigh.

[ QUOTE ]
What is inherently unfair about Big 12 teams playing a tougher schedule than Big Ten teams?

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't have to be explained right? It will be explained soon.

[ QUOTE ]
If tOSU played Michigan a week later and on the same weekend as the conference championship games, would that make it better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, yes or Ill since they are numero dos in the Big easy. That is the point, they aren't playing 1 of the 2 other toughest teams in the conference yet again...how is this being argued is beyond me--I am either being trolled or leveled.

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason the Big12 teams have a chance to vault or sink is because they have scheduled tougher opponents, albeit they scheduled tougher opponents against their will or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tougher schedule has nothing to do with it. If team X in the Mountain West wants to schedule LSU, USC, OU, tOSU, and VT as non-conference games to beef up their schedule that is great but a different animal. Conference championship games are unneeded games, drop Baylor's ass into the Sun Belt and lets do away w/ the Conf Champ game--pretty simple.

Edit: Just realized Ill isn't #2 in the Big 10. Weird.