View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure Guy played his JJ badly. Against most players that would be a terrible line since, as already noted, it turns your hand into a bluff. However, against someone who bluffs a lot (Jamie) and who plays combo draws like pair plus gutshot strongly (Jamie) which is a hand you aren't that far ahead of, then a raise is the perfect play.
Think about how many cards you don't want to see on the river even if you think Jamie is full of it.

Maybe that isn't what he was thinking, maybe he is pretty bad and just thought "ZOMG, overpair! I can't lose!" but maybe he isn't as bad as we thought. It is hard to tell, he is getting hammered by the deck.

Tony

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't know which is more entertaining...the show, or reading the posts of the kids who think they are better than these players. Guy is getting lambasted for a check raise into a dangerous board, but Phil Galfond had the same opportunity with pocket queens on a dangerous board and mucked to Farha's bet on the turn, causing everyone to rip him apart for being weak. If you go back and look at the bashers, they're probably one and the same.