Default Re: ** To All Forum Posters: A Note on Tone **

[ QUOTE ]
There's a trend in posts in the last 2 Months with titles such as:

"Brad Booth Asks Me To Set The Record Straight"
"Brandi Missing 200-400 Blind Level Due To Illness"
"Brandi (insert numerous meowchowcrap)"
95% of OOT titles
90% of NVG titles

Numerous other posts by Mason, Sklansky, El Diablo, where they are trolling to incite anymosity among the masses to generate page views

In my opinion, all of these only serve to make the forum look bad.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for free speech. Yet, any of these ideas can be expressed just as well without the grade school name calling.

2p2 is the highest volume poker forum to my knowledge, due mostly to these ridiculous lockerroom antics which is why the site gets mentioned for example on the WSOP PPV broadcast.

Please make sure your posts follow the above examples, don't waste 2 seconds of thought before proceeding directly to the gutter. Do you really? think we're better than this? I'm confident that the tons of intelligent posters will stop participating since we have already demonstrated that.

Thank you,

Emperor

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Seriously. S&M and mods have went out of there way to drag this forum into the gutter. While it creates great amounts of traffic. The good posts were pre-upgrade (2002). (Ok exaggeration, but the kind of crap that is here now, wasn't here then. The quality of posts has gone down exponentially as the site gets more popular, ESPECIALLY among owners and mods.)

IOW, I am agreeing with OP, but "intelligent posters" wanting to keep the forum out of the gutter, are few and far between. Even among owners and mods it seems.