View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Daved and Confused???

Story from a live mixed game at a club. 15/30 this hand (half-kill)

Setup is that that two or three of the fish do a lot of goodnatured spitechasing, especially of each other. One guy in particular just doesn't give a [censored] and plays very badly because of this. He's hilarious, great for the game in every way. To give some idea of what we're dealing with, in another hand he called two cold on a K65 flop while calling for a 9, turn is a 9, river is a Q and he scoops w/ QJTx.

This hand, there's decent preflop action (like 4-5 for 2 or 3 bets), flop is J87r, someone bets, maybe someone calls, another guy reraises, etc. Everyone folds but three people; it becomes fairly obvious that two of them have the nuts. The third one trapped in the middle is the big fish described above, and one of the other two is a guy who he jaws back and forth with. While calling two cold twice he says "this is going to be really dirty, there's like 6 turn cards that help me." He is capable of having AK, J7, set, overpair, really anything is possible.

Turn is a Q, he says, "dammit that helped me". The T9s jam, he's caught in the middle. Capped.

Before the river he covers his eyes, says some crap like "I don't even want to look, the reaction will tell me.. pair the board one time!" River 3, no flush possible. Someone says "blank." He looks at it... "[censored]!" One T9 bets (the wrong one to string him along, incidentally), the other T9 says, "let's see what we can get from him", raises, he calls two cold "I'm such a fish, I can't fold this".. 3bet, cap, call again.

A23J good for half.