View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Stars 5NL: AKo flops the nut straight on rainbow board

Hmm... You do have a nice hand, with the rainbow flop the only thing villains could improve with is by boating up. A king or ace on the turn could kill your action though.

Why would pushing on top of the min-raise be bad? Villains only have a potsized bet left and its clear that they like their hands. I don't think villains at this level think too deep, so I expect to be called with some funky hands. The real question I guess is should you call or raise UTG's probe bet... If the flop had a two-flush I'd definately raise it as its such a small bet (same size as his pfr which often means he missed) but as you flopped the nuts I don't mind a flat call either hoping to get more money in later.

I'd also re-raise AK pf since these pots usually tend to be multiway and don't like to play it OOP multiway.

I love it when people berate me at the tables when I do something that they just don't understand. Just make sure you tell them a silly reason for why you did it, you don't want them to think poker is a skill game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]