View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Weather Channel Founder says\"Global Warming is Biggest Scam in History

[ QUOTE ]
I just read a really great book on this topic: Cool It, by Bjorn Lomborg.

The basic premise of the book is that humans are causing some global warming, but the effects are not going to be as bad as we often hear about and the money involved in directly impacting global warming (i.e., reducing C02 emissions) could be spent in better ways to avoid the effects of global warming or in other ways entirely that would be more beneficial to humanity (i.e., save/improve more lives).

It's a well-written (it reads kind of like freakonomics), well researched book. I'm sure that many who disagree with it would classify it as slick propaganda and those who agree will think it's great.

However, if anyone has any interest in this issue, no matter what their opinion might be, it would be a useful endeavor to become familar with the arugments laid out in the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bjorn gets my respect. He's been on both sides in his life and more than most folks, he can see the BS.

My own test on climate change is simple. If you announce your certainty you have announced your ignorance. If you're certain that funding a specific item is in everyone's best interest, I'm certain you don't understand cost/benefit analysis at best. At worst you're a simple crook.