View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: why does this forum care so much about religion

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for explaining that to me. So as an example, would that make jhawk a weak atheist (sorry to single you out) according to this statement [ QUOTE ]
But I think it is obviously stupid to say "any type of god cannot possibly exist."

[/ QUOTE ]

Also could you explain how a person could be religious and agnostic at the same time? It seems like one says there definetely is a god (or else whats the point of being religious) and one says i cannot draw any conclusion.

Forgive me again if my logic is off

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am a weak atheist, or another way of saying it is agnostic atheist. An agnostic theist is someone who thinks there is a god but does not know for sure and thinks that it is probably impossible to know for sure. This isn't QUITE the same thing as someone who knows there is "something" but just doesn't have any particular religion. That person isn't really agnostic, they are a full-fledged theist, they just are a-religious or non-sectarian or something. I know a few agnostic theists but most people, in the US at least, are gnostic theists.