View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Future of the MMB forum discussion

[ QUOTE ]
What is happening is the lowest-barrier-to-entry businesses, web sites, have become the enthusiastic focus here.

The energy is there for these topics. Consider spinning off a forum on these topics; there is clear interest. Kill it if it does not get traction.

If it takes, make it plain in the MMB forum or F/MMB stickies that web-site-moneymaking is a distinct forum. See my post in ATF on 'Posting Links in the MMB Forum' for tips on how to manage an anti-spam policy for posted links across all the forums.

See:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

[/ QUOTE ]
Mr. Now, that is a totally reasonable post. I can't make any promises about the direction things will go and I'm not the one that would make this kind of decision, but I just want to thank you for doing something other than aimlessly complaining about a rule I didn't make but was asked to enforce. As you can probably tell there's a lot of change going on now and at the moment I'm concerned with a couple things a lot more than creating some sort of link-evaluating algorithm. That may come in time, who knows.