View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: billick calls out mangini\'s jets for cheating

[ QUOTE ]

nfl coaches are pissed because this reduces some of their edge and brings league oversight into what they do - whatever. belichick was warned and he got what he deserved. if i could hire a coach who'd get my division rival to lose a 1st round pick, i'd do it if the only football he played was tecmo super bowl

[/ QUOTE ]

again, i am not saying the pats didn't deserve to get pinched, no argument there.

i am saying look at this from a GM's perspective - you bring a guy up through your system and turn him into one of the brightest stars on the coaching front. when big bad bill gives him the cold shoulder for jumping ship, what does he do? rats out the guy who made him in this league just to get back at him, on a charge that is commonplace and pretty widely accepted. this is kind of like the guy who gets picked on at a home game calling the cops on everyone there.

mangini's stock is high now, but when he falls, he is going to fall hard. the jets don't have the benefit of a softer-than-babyshit schedule this year, don't be surprised if they finish under .500 and people start grumbling about mangina. when he falls he is going to fall hard and fast.