View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: OT: Friends don\'t let friends play limit

Dear Friend,

What your profiting buddies are trying to tell you is that the thing about limit is that the low stakes games are essentially a craps shoot; especially when every old biddy at the table is calling your raise, and your paying out almost 15 percent to the house when pots rarely exceed the rake’s cap. Furthermore, when you break into the higher stakes, the blinds can get real expensive if you’re a rather conservative player, which I assume you are. Low stakes, no limit often offers the big pot sizes of higher stakes limit games without the crippling blind structure. Sure the swings can be intimidating, but if you’re are having trouble, I suggest Caro’s Book of Poker Tells. It’s a great read, and it has helped me tremendously in my no limit endeavors (specifically how to read players bets). Also, No Limit Hold ‘Em, Theory and Practice is a good for the transition. Not as captivating, but certainly helpful for former limit players who are trying to make the switch. Listen to your friends, friend. No limit is Swiffering the nation. There are literally hundreds of well to do fish out there who are literally throwing away millions of dollars per year with horrendous plat, and it’s all there for the taking. Do your homework. Make the transition. You’ll be happy you did.

My Best,
Buzzards and dreadful Crows

P.S. Limit is for girls. LOL