View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 01:36 PM

Default U Make the Call: “What Was That?”

Good NL game with a $5 BB somewhere in LA a while back. The button is in seat 1 in this 9-handed game. Before the flop Seat 4 folds, Seat 5 and Seat 6 limp, I limp in Seat 7 followed by Seat 8 and 9. The button now spoils the limping party by raising to $35. The SB and BB fold along with Seat 5. Seat 6 releases several chips and appears to have called so I fold my one chip trash.

The action is now on Seat 8 and he suddenly says, ”What was that?” He’s looking at Seat 6 so I look and observe he is without cards and there is only one chip in the pot where his bets are. Seat 8 asks me “Didn’t he call the raise?” and I simply respond, “I thought so.”

Now the action is stalled and Seat 8 doesn’t know what to do. He asks me what the rule is more or less and I tell him I’m out of the hand now and it’s up to him whether or not he wants a ruling. So he calls the floor for a ruling.

The floor eventually determines that Seat 6 originally limped, then released four more chips to call what he thought was a $20 raise to $25, then took the chips back and bullet mucked when he saw the raise was to $35. My fold came immediately after the initial release of chips but before the “take back and muck”.

What is your decision?