View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Card Removal Effects

[ QUOTE ]

Something's fishy here. What is East's hand like to pass both times? Weak, probably without a huge fit in clubs for partner as no 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] over the 1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. What is West's hand like? Who bids 1[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here after the dbl? I'd think West should have 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 5:hearts: before considering this. With 55 he'd start with hearts and with 54 he wouldn't bid hearts given pass from partner and dbl indicating likely 4 hearts with north. If partner had a balanced or semi-balanced hand with clubs and hearts stopped and 18+ points he should bid nt and not spades. If partner doesn't have those stopped or has a big - but not huge - hand he should bid 1[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. With a huge hand he should cue bid the opps suit. The south hand actually a pretty good one for the bidding so far as 7 points and 1.5 QT is better than the 0-0 we've promised. I'd say we should bid something and 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] will have a chance if partner is strong, but think 2, or maybe 3, [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://messages.yahoo.com/Recreation_%26...frt=2&off=1

Please continuation the discussion on this message board.
It's a Yahoo! message board which is mostly only used by me.