View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 03:35 AM

Default Re: I Don\'t Follow Baseball

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is against pretty much everything that a true fan believes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you get to decide what a "true fan" believes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am a fan, I do not base the players on my team's performance by their absolute stats, I base it on how I feel they are helping my team.

JOA has proved that he is a true stat guy, if a traditionally horrible player is on his team for a big contract, he would be against them even if they get "lucky" and have a great year. I would want a mod to appreciate every great season, and be able to understand why the fans are crazily inlove with a guy who has a "lucky" great season even though he sucks. I do not think JOA could do this, he has made a thread showing why "fanatics" cant be rational about their teams, and the definition of a fan or fanatic is that you are not rational.

I have to deal with bloggers of my favorite baseball team be unwilling to cheer for a guy whose career stats suck, I don't want a mod who wouldn't allow it.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? If he was a mod, he'd just be in there to make sure people don't call each other bitch and pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know, from what I have read he gets retardedly emotional about dumb fan issues. I think there are other guys who would make a good mod, but i don't want a condesending prick to be a mod and make users feel like they have to follow his opinion. COLA is great, and nolanfan was as well cause they do not post opinions as fact. JOA does.