View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Comparing WLLH 3rd edition to 2nd edition

I'm sorry but I thought this thread was about WLLH, a book that is targeted towards specific games which generally feature players who play too many hands and go to far with them. It appears that you have mixed in your advice (in the book) which is not targeted towards these games. (I say appears since I have not yet read the third edition.) It now sounds like WLLH advice is more in line with our book HPFAP. I guess that's okay if you're playing those games which HPFAP is targeted for, but if you're playing low limit games the specific advice that we are looking at, is, as Ed Miller has stated, too conservative and will not allow your readers to win at the optimum.

Now this doesn't mean they won't win, and it also doesn't mean that your loyal students don't win. It also doesn't mean that you don't win. But it does mean that the words on the pages need to be examined t see if they are the best that can be produced, and I suspect from what I have read in this thread that they are not.

One other point. Over the years I have noticed a number of poker students who are very loyal to their instructors. They feel that if it wasn't for their instructors they wouldn't be winners, and perhaps that is the case. But that doesn't mean that they were given the absolutely best information. In most poker games, and this is particularly true today with all the new players, if you just get typical players to tighten up substantially, they will begin to win. See my book Poker Essays, Volume III for more discussion.

Best wishes,
Mason