View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Favorite Classic Nintendo Game

[ QUOTE ]
nath - awesome re: faxanadu. i got past conflate, but i just don't remember ever beating the final boss. maybe i did. i know i went back to that first store at the beginning of the game to get death.

i said baseball simulator 1.000 - still play it w/ my brother when he's around (tho the red team is rigged - 150 points wtf)

how did i forget bionic commando? and why did people think this game was super hard? i must've had a cheat guide to it - it wasn't that difficult for me. maybe if you are a super nerd like me and spent a half hour on the first level killing paratroopers for more life blocks.

little known fact about Bionic Commando - thanks wikipedia:

The original Japanese version of Bionic Commando placed the character in a battle against futuristic Nazis. The final boss was Adolf Hitler, who had been resurrected by evil scientists. All references to Nazism were removed from the American release: the swastikas were replaced by albatross figures, the enemies were renamed from "Nazis" to "Badds" (though the backstory in the instruction manual referred to them as Nazz) and the overall difficulty of the game was reduced. The final boss's name was changed to "Master-D", but he still clearly resembles Adolf Hitler. There is a notably gory ending sequence in which he is shot in the face, which was kept intact in the American version; an unusual move, considering Nintendo of America's heavy censorship issues at the time. All these changes remained for the European version, but the game manual still mentions Nazis. The story featured in the English version of the game begins with a search for Super Joe, who was the main character of the arcade version and Commando.

god this game would've been even more awesome with this

[/ QUOTE ]

so i beat the japanese bionic commando on an emulator. who wants to touch me?

it was a little different especially in the neutral zones and was definitely a little harder too - good times