View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Why no backgammon discussion?

Well, I got the first two right. Other plays didn't really seem to be in contention. Perhaps it is an oversight on my part to think that these plays weren't really close. By the way, have the bots become that pervasive and persuasive that opps are now making the two point?

For the third one, I also played your recommendation. I was "sure" that I was going to be wrong. I'm not sure I've fully flushed out all the Bruce Becker from my system, and 13/11 6/5 is clearly a Becker special. Actually, problem 1 would have been the Becker recommendation as well. I wasn't playing real backgammon in the 70s, but from BB's account, making the 3 point would probably have been the normal play.

I suppose I should ask how you are evaluating moves. Making the 2 point in problem four hurts my brain. I'd play splitter/builder without thinking there was a credible alternative.

Please don't encourage Kit Woolsey to do any more backgammon stuff than he already is. Some of us bridge players really miss his efforts for that game.