View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: [LO8] Two Pair in HU-Pot

[ QUOTE ]
dont we open up our range in o8 depending on position too?

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Olrik - I don't know about "we." My own range depends on position and some other factors.
[ QUOTE ]
i would argue that with everyone folding to us in late position we need some kind of standard action with any hand we want to play.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree.[ QUOTE ]
openlimping the pullings hands and raising the pushing hands makes it easy for villians to read us (basicly like only raising with strong AA and A2 hands).

[/ QUOTE ]I suppose that's true if you don't use good sense. [ QUOTE ]
assuming you follow my reasoning we are down to
a) openraising any hand we want to play
b) openlimp any hand we want to play
c) openlimp the pulling hands and fold playable pushing hands

[/ QUOTE ]I follow your reasoning. However, I don't agree with your a, b, c conclusions. More goes into the decision to raise or not than merely whether the hand is a pushing or pulling hand. Sometimes I'll raise with a pulling hand and sometimes I'll limp with a pushing hand.

Rightly or wrongly, how I play a hand depends more on my opponents than on the cards I hold - but both matter. With this hand in this situation, rightly or wrongly, I would usually limp. When I limped, if you figured out what I was doing, of course you'd know I had a hand I wanted to limp with, just as if I raised, you'd know I had a hand I wanted to raise with. In either case, I think most opponents would still have trouble putting me on cards or maybe even on a range.

Buzz