View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Calculating LSU\'s Odds to win National Title

I don't agree that the Mizzou v Kansas winner is automatically a 'real' team. I think AzzuSt or Oregon would light them up on a neutral field [and I'm anti-P10 most years.]

They remind me of Mich and Ohio last year, only worse because at least Mich was undefeated before losing that game. It's just that neither team was exposed until January rather than October due to scheduling.

Missou has one solid win. Barely.

Kansas struggled with 5-5 KSt, and has wins over FIU, CMich, SELa, Toldeo - that's pathetic right thre.
Okla lost to 5-6 Colo, and struggled to beat awful ISU.

In short, the biggest worry is that LSU would be a much bigger fave vs any B12 team, as they will likely still be a 'patsy' team. Their Sagarin SoS skeds are 97 [hello Kansas!], 82, 52 respectively. So I utterly disagree with the UK has played a tough sked argument, they'll go from no top 30 teams to having played 2. Oregon's played 4 already, Ohio will have played 4, etc.

Oregon is 12 and AzzuSt 27, numbers that will climb for AzzuSt after playing USC et al.

And LSU may only be a slight fave or PK over Oregon if OU slams Zona, OSU [32 in Sag], UCLA as they sure might.

Anywhere below -150 was a very nice price for you, I agree. But I think LSU -3 is too low considering if Oregon loses, they will be favored by 6-7 or more over any B12 team, and likely Ohio as well.