View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Is Online Poker becoming Rocket Science?

First off, I wouldnt worry about the software that "aids in decision making you didnt know about", no software compares to the human brain when it comes to making decisions in poker. Sure, calculators are helpful, but there only as good as how the person uses it.

Also, a lot of types of software that people can use on other sites are not approved on pokerstars and therefore it is a more level playing field for those without all sorts of crazy software.

I know what you mean about feeling that the more you read, the less you know. That can happen with anything that you are learning, once you realize how much knowledge is out there, you feel overwhelmed.

I would try to look for the reasons behind why the authors recommend what they recommend. Not just try to memorize the material. For example, it would be a lot easier to apply your knowledge of implied odds and probability with a suited connector than having to memorize the correct play for every situation.

You might also think about changing to a different format of play that suits you better. gl