View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Common spot i suck at

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So we either shove and hope to prompt worse hands to call or we play it to represent the king. I personally would do my best to rep the king - I think a c/c on the turn and a lead on the turn reps the king the best - no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would we try to rep the king? Are we now trying to get aces to fold lolol? Or are we trying to not induce a bluff which we can't call - with that logic we bet/check to induce the shove... No worse hand is calling either - fact.

I would love an explanation detailing why they would check/fold over check/shove over shove as they seem pretty even to me....

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont think the best way to get Aq, jj, maybe qjs to fold is to call the flop and lead the turn? I think thats the strongest line.

shoving the flop allows villain to play perfectly imo - may be ok as picking up the chips may be worth it.

check shoving looks a bit scared too and i think gets a call from a q most times and almost certainly folds out hands we're ahead of.

the check/call/lead is how many would play a king and gives us the best chance to fold out worse hands. i certainly could be and have been wrong, but i think the only way you are going to get called by worse is by shoving the flop, if you dont do that you need to play it to show the most strength and maxing FE.

tell me where my logic is messed up pls