View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Pm received by a few of us. Not sure what to think.

[ QUOTE ]
I would say 2p2's standards are about I dunno, bellybutton level.

[/ QUOTE ]
As always Bellybutton level is relitive. My bellybutton is higher than Did's, I am taller than him. The forums he moderate need a lower bellybutton threshold than my forum. The problem comes when people from the low bellybutton threshold forums explore other forums with a higher bellybutton threshold and mess with their culture - you get pissed off users or disenchanted end users.

I'd like to counter some of the things we have read so far i this thread.

1) I think the median age of 2+2 isnt as low as everyone thinks, we are postulating it is around 25-26.

2) There are countless older people I meet who refuse to post on 2+2 because the regulars are childish.

I think there is a balance in this mix somewhere. Back in the day when Studio 54 was the center of the universe Steve Rubell used to stand outside behind the velvet ropes (Studio 54 was kinda the first disco that chose who was allowed to come in) creating what he called a "Mixed Sallad". If he only let in beautiful people and celebrities then people would get bored. If he let in too many average Joes the celebrities would leave. He was a master of balance, he made sure that everyone who came inside felt the same experience, and everyone would become equal once they passed the velvet ropes. Of course there is not a 2+2 VIP guest list, no velvet ropes and anyone is invited to post here, but I think we can learn from Steve's approach. If we tilt to far to one segment we loose balance of the user mix.