View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

so get to oceans early afternoon after making that post. they will not cash 5k commerce chips for me. fantastic. $90 in cash in my wallet and 20k in commerce chips = cant play poker. so im steaming which naturally means i get on the freeway to commerce and im planning to just play there. DD calls me when im like 15 minutes away from commerce to say hes about to be at oceans and he can buy chips from me. running good today at life as you can see. i obviously just keep going to commerce where after 5 minutes of waiting and not getting a seat in 40, 60, 1/2 holdem or stud or 10/20 nl i just cash out some chips to get 8k cash and frustratedly get back on the road and go to oceans where DD has texted me that they started a 75 game. the fun part of this text is that i reply to him while driving 80ish on the freeway. texting while driving is safe right? the game is good bc as usual nobody understands how to play any variation of poker. crazy mike makes a guest appearance which was fun. i also relearned for the 500th time that DD is just too good bc he literally did the thing i did not want him to do in all but 1 or 2 hands and the times he did what i wanted him to do the pot was gigantic so against my whole range he made the correct decision for sure. i had a hand that i thought was really interesting strategywise but i have unfortunately forgotten it at the moment [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

so here is the hand i will contribute instead. 10/10 nl 2k buyin about 2k deep. i went to this game after the 75 broke bc it looked good and i wasnt tired enough to quit playing. 3 handed villain is a fish but thinking just enough. he basically calls lots pf and folds lots postflop. i straddle button, tight guy 3bets to 60 in sb like he has done past 3 hands after folding like 10 straight times before that. fish calls the 60, i raise to 200 straight with 63o. sb folds, fish calls.

flop QJ5r
he checks i bet i think like 240, he c/r to 600, i shove after thinking about 3 seconds. he deliberates and folds, i show, he loses his mind bc he had a jack supposedly which is obviously a great hand to c/r on this flop.

i really never know if i did a smart thing shoving here or if i randomly got lucky. i know i felt sorta sick about it right after i did it and wished i had at least 98 for a gutshot or something.