View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Bryce is \"In the Well\"

Bryce,

I play on a site that I (and other players) suspect has a lot of heads up bots at the 30/60 - 50/100 limits. I've been having conversations with about 3 other players at the site, and we're trying to develop an optimum counter strategy to the bots.

Their playing style seems pretty exploitable to me (generally wildly agro pf, and loose passive/showdown bound postflop), and we've been doing fairly well against the bots, but I'm still surprised at how tough the bots seem to be. They bluff with a frequency that makes them tough and they do mix up their play a fair amount. I still find playing most human opponents (not regular winners) much easier than these bots.

I'm used to playing off my human's opponent's emotional state. When I first started playing the bots (before I knew they were bots) I would get extremely tilted because of their unconventional style and also, strangely, their complete LACK of tilt (which is almost always present when playing a human).

Do you have much experience playing vs. someone you know is a bot? What do you know about the world of hu limit botting? Do you feel equally comfortable playing vs. a bot (that is exploitable) as you do vs. a human player?