View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Describe the Lounge

The EDF forum one is so much better written. It's also the only one with a value judgment. I wish discussions in the lounge were "Interesting" too. Also, the tag line at the end about the posts having to be intelligent and respectful pretty much steals our thunder and the original reason for our formation. It also begs the question, "If it's EDF where posts are expected to be intelligent and respectful, how are the posts supposed to be in the lounge? Dumb? Disrespectful? Indifferent as to dumbness or respectfulness?" EDF's description yodels from the mountain tops. Ours farts into a bucket.

Also, OOT, Lounge, and EDF forum seem to all describe very much the same thing.

I think OOT's definition is the most lacking. It's more of a grab-bag of a forum, and its description should reflect that more clearly, I think. Something like "Anything that's not anywhere else!" Something short, punchy and fun. No need for a list.

I don't think the lounge is that listy anymore either. It is more about an attitude and orientation of discussion. The subjects can be pretty much whatever.