View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Aces in 3-bet pot

I'd 4-bet this the vast majority of the time and I think that with the stack sizes, it's probably the best move, but it's close enough that I can't really fault a flat-call. Obviously, we're getting it in on this kind of flop, but the tricky part of playing this passively is knowing which rag flops to get in on. If you flat-call PF and fold every time you don't get an ace or the NFD, that's too weak, but if you're getting it in every time, you're better off just 4-betting.

I think the only way you can get better long-term equity with the call is when you're not playing very many tables and you're against an opponent that you have a really good read on to the point that you're likely to get some kind of sense from a timing tell how they hit the flop or you know specifically what cards they're 3-betting range is weighted towards so that you can pick specific boards to get away from. For example, if they only 3-bet high cards, you could fold any board with two broadway cards that didn't hit you, but push over the top of a bet if the board comes low.