View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Trip Report - DUI

So last night I took off from work a little early with some friends to watch the 2nd half of the Laker game... great game, double OT... Lakers lost... oh well.

Had somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5 drinks (I'm 5'10" 195 pounds). Pretty standard night... I drink socially about 2-3 times a week.

Left the bar at 10:57 (per our reciept) and realized I still had to finish up some paperwork.

Headed back to work till 12:30 and then headed home (10 minute drive max). Since I didn't feel messed up at all, and with the highway wide open... I got it up to about 85 mph on the 134 freeway.

As I'm pulling off the freeway at my exit... here comes CHP.

Lady officer takes my license and registration and says I was going about 90 mph and she is going to write me up for 80. NO PROB I'm thinking... $300, traffic school, and a little scar.

As she is having me sign the ticket and giving my license back. She asks if I've been drinking and says she can smell the beer.

I say yes, I had some beers in between a marathon work session and smoked a couple cigars.

GET OUT OF THE CAR...

I pass the first two field sobriety tests, which by the way, are SUPER HARD at 1am in the morning with a spotlight in your face even if you haven't had anything to drink.

She has me blow into the field tester 5 times and says "yep, got one"... 0.09%... the legal limit is 0.08% in CA.

Arrested on the spot, 10 hours in lock-up, three tickets (speeding, under the influence, and BAC)... looking at about $2,000 in fines and a suspended license.

Anyone have and suggestions? Anyone ever fight a DUI arrest and win?

*cliff-notes, 4 beers, two female lesbian CHP officers, DUI