View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on this hand

[ QUOTE ]
Cnfuzzed, your response is well thought out and you make some interesting points from a theory of poker point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

[ QUOTE ]
However, at PLO 200, this is a horrible play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, but ive explained above why i think its not...

[ QUOTE ]

First, you are not heads up, in fact, no one has folded, so you often will be called by a dominating flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Second, your meta game ideas are silly at PLO 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive explained, several times, why these metagame ideas apply specificly to a group of players who i have consistently seen playing the plo200 games. I explained why i think this isolation move will usually work in this game. Ive explained even why i would be more hesitant to make it at plo2000. Your move.

[ QUOTE ]

Your hands was crap to start with and it is crap now.
By the way, you do not need to play junk like this to get your opponents to make mistakes. They are looking to stack off to you at PLO 200. Just look to generate opportunities to let them do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, i dont sit in the games where everyone at the table always stacks off to me everytime i have the nuts. In fact, more than a few players have commented on plays ive made, and ive even seen one guy fold. Probably just a freak occurence though.

[ QUOTE ]

From your response, it seems you really like your play here. I think you may be suffering from fancy play syndrome, a serious case of it.
If my tone is harsh, my bad, I just think it is something you need to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries. I wish you could explain why you feel this way more coherently. Its entirely possible i have fps, but i also have the extra three buyins i took off that table after this hand went down. Fps and results oriented thinking. Man, i will be broke soon, no?

[ QUOTE ]

Also, your argument that CO is shortstacked is specious. If he is doing this move with the nut flush draw and an overpair, you are justifying his play. Also, you are losing money to him if he has any set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on both repeating what i said several posts, and knowing how to run sims. What if i said he folds just as often as he has me worse than a 60/40. And keep in mind how often i said he would fold.

peace

john nickle