View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Learn from my mistakes part 2

[ QUOTE ]
So why has nobody posted a complete DOG of a hand yet? All the SS wannabee ballers too embarrassed?

Yeah, well screw you people, I have absolutely no shame...ship it...

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $3</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($15, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $12</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls</font>, 2 folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($45, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $25</font>, Hero calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($95, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $52</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $52</font>.

Results:
Final pot: $199
Hero shows Ah Kh
Button shows Jc Qc

As for an explanation/commentary, how about this: Hee-haw-hee-haw-hee-haw-hee-haw.

Sh1t, I hate myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that is ugly. It's OK though, I stacked a good player when I was holding JQ and he had AK on the exact same flop. The big problem with the hand is that since you just called preflop (I think this is fine, givin the number of callers, but I probably raise and limit the field), you need to play the flop accordingly. If you are just calling you need to be looking for a BIG HAND with AKs, like the nut flush draw, or a made straight. TPTK is no good a 4 way pot where you just called preflop. The cold call on the flop is ugggly. As played preflop... I'd bet out on the flop, and probably fold to any resistance. If just called, I would slow down on the turn. That is a VERY scary board with just TPTK. There is a raiser, and a min-raiser (alarm bells) on a scary board.