View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Live Poker Adjustments/Considerations/Tendencies (Discuss please)

I'm interested to see what people say in this thread since I don't have much live experience.

I'm not sure about this one though: "15. They may seem highly inconsistent, that is, you'll see some players play very tight/weak for a long time then suddenly do something very loose and spewy almost out of nowhere."

You see so many fewer hands live that you tend to build reads on people over a very small sample. Like when someone folds for a half hour straight, it just means they folded for a round and a half. So that can easily make you think players are playing inconsistently when in reality you're just witnessing normal variance over a smaller sample size than you realize.

Also contributing is the fact that live you're much more likely to notice hands. People show their cards more and talk about hands more and everyone at the table is always looking for something to be shocked about so they don't get bored. So online every once in a while some 15/12 will open 97s UTG, but he's much less likely to show his hand and you're much less likely to notice if he does.