View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Questions about Bike 2/5 $100 - $300 NL Game

[ QUOTE ]
The bike has a new game: $100 - $300 buyin, 2/5 NL. Has anyone played in this? is it any good? I would guess that it would be but the other night I noticed that they couldn't get enough players interested in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played in a couple times and enjoyed it once since that night it was very good. But you are right that it doesn't always go.

My observation is that the Bike has a lot of NL games with very close buy-ins and blinds (I'm speaking of the games with big blinds in the $3 to $5 range). At some point they have to decide which games to stick with since they simply don't have economy of scale.

The lack of economy of scale and variety works for me because I'm experienced and know how to anticipate games about to break, games that are likely to stay good, how to get around the must move from a good game into a lousy game and so on. But this isn't always so for the average customer. They often get pissed when games crumble and there is no easy way to consolidate.

Look at Commerce. Far fewer choices (e.g., not a single limit game between 4/8 and 9/18) but incredible economy of scale. This approach works for them.

~ Rick