View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis, Lucid Dreaming & Hallucinations.

I just had a very long episode of sleep paralysis. I was incredibly tired and weak after 3 straight days of pretty hard partying and very little sleep in between. Once I was experiencing the paralysis, I was calm and trying to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. Every time I would awake from the paralysis, I would try and get up and switch positions (someone mentioned that I'm more susceptible to SP if I'm on my back) but I'd immediately fall right back asleep. I imagine this went on at least 5-6 times in a row, which was incredibly annoying and scary.

I finally rolled over on my side, despite being uncomfortable, and fell back asleep. I didn't have sleep paralysis again that night.

I am curious if any of my susceptibility is ever in my mind. I remembered this thread the time before last and tried telling myself to escape my body and experience the out of body experience. I remember immediately feeling different, in a scary way, and immediately pulled out of it and got up.

I am going to try this again. Sorry for the non-amazing update, but the concept of controlling all of this in my mind is pretty cool/new to me. I'll try and make my next update cool.

Also, I am now almost 100% sure that I can indeed wiggle my toes, move my fingers, and move my body very slightly when trying to wake up.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is a common thing but like once a month or something when I go to sleep I will get the feeling like im falling or dying or whatever and wake up with a huge spasm in my whole body and my heart rate all over the place. My friend said he'd never heard of this but I've read about it and someone wrote that its when your body fall asleep to fast and it hits the emergency-button to put you on full alert or something to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I've never had this happen with any frequency, but I've dreamed I was falling down and when I "hit" the ground, my body would jerk hard enough to wake me. That's about it.