View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis, Lucid Dreaming & Hallucinations.

I have had all three, the paralysis and hallucinations scares me a lot, and since it started happening, I never go to sleep when I'm alone at night anymore. I live with my bf so it's not a big problem. I have since then worked out a "solution" for them: whenever I experience these things, I noticed I can always control my breathing. So the first thing I try is to hold my breath, this usually works because my body has to react to the lack of oxygen; then if that doesn't work, I breathe very very hard breaths to try to wake my bf up so he can shake me and wake me up. This system has helped me a lot because since I have kind of a solution, I don't feel as afraid and I think they happened less often now because of it. when I have hallucinations, they are not only images, but they also talk, usually not very sensible, just random scary phrases. I have hallucinated the grim reaper, ghosts and such, each time they are either trying to harm me in some way.
They usually happen in the middle of the night and never right when I fall asleep.
Lucid dreaming is very fun and I totally don't mind it.