View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Re: fold this 2-pair?

Thanks for replying.

I think I was putting him on the hands that beat me rather than a range of hands, some which beat me and some which dont. Sure sometimes he may be holding 33, 66, T9 etc but a lot of the time he'd be holding 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 89, A8 etc.

I also didn't stop to think what he thought I may have. I'd been raising a fair amount, not laggy but had been getting in quite a few opportunities to steal & raise limpers so he must have put me on a pretty wide range - mostly overcards I guess. I think 78 is the last hand he would have put me on here so thought with a big of aggression he could force a fold. This kind of ties in with my earlier read too when he donked a psb on a raggy flop and I folded.

Now I've thought about this more I think it's a pretty clear push, or at least agree I should repop to flop. I'm ahead here more than I'm behind and in the long run will turn a profit.

I think what I'm going to do is write a list of questions and have it close by so that whenever a big hand like this comes up I can look over it to make sure I come to the right decision. That should help make the process a bit more automatic for the future too which has to be a good thing.