View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: TD hand couple of close call.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CR after the first draw is standard, donk betting there misses a bet.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

and check-raising sometimes misses a bet if the villain hasn't improved (I admit its rare). I prefer the donk bet because it allows you to bet-3-bet since the villain will often raise. On the other side a c/r will often scare opponents from calling the river with a weak hand.

I think its very close, but bet-3-bet is better in a vacuum since the hero started with a 3 card draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that rare, plenty of opponnents don't bet unimproved against a 3 card draw. And is everyone playing the 9 here oop? I think turning 2347 into a hand that can never get any sort of value on a big street oop vs an opponnent likely with 2 shots at drawing 1 warrants some consideration. You can't vb the end, you can't get more than 1 bet in after the 2nd draw ahead, and you're only a slight favorite to hold up after the 1st draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya i agree with all of this...I'm not sure how you guys feel when you get value-towned in this spot with like a 96/ 87653 but I try to avoid these spots (and sick feelings in my stomach) and win big pots with my wheels.