View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: should i vs. you >>>>????

That range is about 30%. I think that is a pretty standard amount of hands to be playing out of the SB against a LAGTAG steal OTB.

Whether I 3-bet all of them or not depends on SB. If he is loose bad I will just call a lot of them.

If he is too tight. Like 22/18 I will also just call since he wont call a lot anyway and since I like keeping the pot small OOP against a guy like Miles.

If he is LAG and tough I will tighten up because a) he is calling more hands PF and making less mistakes postflop and b) Miles is adjusting his range when BB is tough.

I do believe I can make even more hands profitable against a TAG. Simply because they fold too much. I would much rather play 65s against a TAG that I have a postflop edge on than against Miles against whom I prolly dont have an edge on.

Miles is gonna make life miserable for me and a TAG is gonna play ABC untill he starts adjusting. (Dynamics matter as well of course)

In general I think its important to realize that when you 3-bet in the SB and BB folds (and Miles calls) then you only need 3/7 ~ 43% eq to have an edge on the money going in. Then you need to add implied FE and implied odds (prolly negative vs Miles OOP)

In general people fold too much. Also in this spot.