View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: 3rd hand of a big MTT potentially misplayed, advice needed.

[ QUOTE ]
I raise this PF, but you don't have to.

I also probably think you made the wrong decision at every single junction of the hand after that. So basically..do the opposite of what you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Raising preflop thins the field, which is good for our hand. It also allows us to fold when we are 3bet, where if we are raised when we limp we likely call but dont really know where we are at. (we can call this preflop raise due to implied odds and position)

When we raise preflop and get to heads up, we likely cbet this flop and if we are raised, again we have an easy fold, since we repped a big hand pre and post, and have position and more to bet, and still our opponent wants to play for more money on this board, so TP2K isnt good enough.

On the Turn, no we prolly dont call for 2k more, your out count is too optomistic, remember we might still be dominated by AT and we dont have king outs, we might be up against a set and dont have king outs, and we might be up against a flopped straight and dont have king outs, and we also might not have all our flush outs (due to board pairing and due to sets making boats, or them holding our flush cards with a straight for instance).... ON TOP of all of that, our 2k from our stack is worth more than 2k in the pile, so we must give our chips a premium at the start of a tournament.