View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I think on the outside the Hester experiment will be a failure. He may make a couple of sweet grab and runs but won't make any statistical difference. Although I think with his speed on the field it will change the way other teams defend us. Which will be a huge help that most people won't see.

Olsen, well this guy looks sick as hell. Possible offensive rookie of the year candidate anyone?

As many of you who read last years thread may remember I am a member of the Grossman bandwagon. I hung from that guy's nuts through thick and thin and I really believe this will be a payoff year for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully expect the depth of Hester's routes will be "run fast thataway" while Rex chucks it as far as he can, meaning Hester is this year's Berrian while I can only hope Berrian has learned some actual routes.

Thomas Jones pretty much had to be gotten rid of. Wasn't he bitching during TC last year because he was going to split time with Benson? I'm sure management wants Benson on the field as much as possible and Peterson is likely capable of being a solid backup so Jones was expendable.

I really hope Rex can get it together this year. He made some improvements, I guess, last year. We need to find a middle ground with the offense. It was either run-run-run-punt or fling-fling-INT. We don't need to be the Colts but it'd be nice to be able to put together a cohesive drive when we're down in the 4th and not just hope the defense gets a TD.