View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Benifits of the straddle

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
meh even with all these arguements for why "good" players do it, I'm not convinced. there are other ways to juice the pot when you have a hand then tossing in the straddle.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? What are some of your "other ways" for doing this when, as you say, you have a hand? Because if I've seen you for more than a couple of orbits and you're playing ABC 22/17-type poker, believe you me, I'm not putting dime one into a pot you've "juiced" without a very good reason.

Even for your average non-2+2'er, first impressions are extremely powerful at live tables. If the first thing you do is sit down and blind straddle a few pots, people are going to tag you as a "maniac" or an "action junkie" even if you play 22/17 the rest of the time. And you're almost certainly going to get many times more action on your great hands than someone who doesn't see a flop for the first hour and then tries to come out guns blazing.

[ QUOTE ]
the only real valid arguement i like is to increase the "fun" of the game. it does spice things up a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

the holes in this post are so large i shouldn't even need to comment....how do you juice the pot without straddling...are you serious? and you WANT to be labeled as a maniac? a LAG image is fine but a maniac image is not profitable.