View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

Sapo,

You make some good points. I have mixed feelings about this case. It's definitely possible that his intent was to hold them under gunpoint once he went outside, but then things got very frantic in the heat of the moment and he panicked, quite possibly feeling some threat.

It seems unlikely that unarmed men would run towards him in that situation. But maybe they were running away through his yard already.

On the one hand, he put himself in this situation. On the other hand, he may have actually felt a real threat once he was in the situation. But I dunno, the call just makes me feel like he's pretty ready to just kill the guys.

Tough for me to come down strongly on one side or the other without knowing what exactly happened in the few seconds outside. Sounds like there were some words spoken before "Move and you're dead" but from the timing, it really doesn't sound like there was any warning, it was pretty much "Move and you're dead" BANG.

One thing to consider is that while in this case it seems like they were criminals, it seems pretty easy for friends pulling a prank on someone to get shot in a situation like this.