View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Straddling before the cards are dealt

flytrap - as bav mentioned, California appears to do it differently than almost anywhere. Not only do they rake $1 for a chop, I've read that they also rake the full $4 or $5 or whatever it is if you see a flop.
So if just 2 players go to the flop in a 3/6 game or something and there are only $6 in there then they STILL are going to rake $4 or $5 of it I believe.

Some of that is state law somehow I think.

Bav - I think that once someone restraddles you that also should qualify as the end of your privliege to pull back your straddle.
But then what happens if the game is slowed up because of a dealer change or a fouled deck or something and suddenly 4 players decide to get up and leave and then I want to take back by straddle which obviously impacts the re-straddle guy?
I really don't know but would have to think this would be allowed. Like many rulings in poker I think it just depends.

I think the start of a deal is usually considered to be a realistic cut-off point but then if someone re-straddles you and the game is about to start then you are stuck with it. In this instance your straddle practically counts as 'action' and you can't take it back just because you see that somebody is going to re-straddle.

So with the delay in the game you get a 'reset' in that part of the action perhaps but if nothing changes and there is no delay you lose your ability to take back the straddle after someone restraddles.
Obviously I'm making things up here as I have never seen this happen but I'm just trying to find a logical solution and how I think it SHOULD be done.