View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: A \"do I owe my friend this money\" thread, slightly atypical

[ QUOTE ]
sorry but dinner is on you for not dealing with it. i know it's uncomfortable but just say "hey guys I'm broke I'll get the server to put mine on a different check". pretty standard actually.

if I understand the room thing you never slept there? when you dropped off the bag, did you say something like "hey can I leave my bag here" or did you just walk in like it was home? kind of important.

more than anything else sounds like you have a problem communicating. realize that you're probably the only one who had these types of problems on this trip, part because you're broke which isn't your fault but mostly because you're not communicating. that's on you, pay up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already admitted that I will be paying up, for many of the reasons you mentioned. The question isn't that, it's whether these situations are valid/fair on their face.

But, to clarify, it was a "hey, do you mind if I leave my bag here" situation. Dropped it off, left; we're talking less than 20 seconds. Morning, I changed there, and left. Five minutes, max.