Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $136.05
UTG+1: $82.35
CO: $59.05
Button: $225.10
SB: $52.95
BB: $95.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($12, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $12</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $48</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate spots like this. Passive players still baffle me. Cause often they still overplay TP and they love to slow play big hands when they shouldn't.

I still fold here with just one pair, but I'm amazed how often A9 vs fd is shown down here.

As for you play...purpose of the flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure SB has something like A9, 88, or something similar. Loose-passive players pot-donking draw-y flops isn't often the nuts. They prefer to slowplay those. They like to "protect" weak top pairs against AK, which is what everyone has when they raise preflop all the time for ever and ever. I have no problem getting his stack in on this flop and that's really my goal: get all-in HU with him on the flop.

BB has to have a draw or the nuts, and I can get away when SB calls and BB all of a sudden pushes from the middle. I'm willing to take the chance that a random NL100 player isn't sophisticated enough to shove a nut flush draw there.

The raise from UTG+1 totally took me by surprise.