View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Defense against the squeeze play...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I kept getting 6 and 8 highs in my BB while shorthanded, and the button would never fold if folded to him, I would much like the SB to continually 3 bet, because it makes my decision 100% easier. The only reason you are asking this is because they showed up together and have been seen talking to each other.

If it was two random people, you would just let it go as an aggressive shorthanded game.

But again, if you ever feel the integrity of the game is in question, it is best just to get up and leave. No reason to cause a scene, and insult others, just in case nothing wrong was going on. Go play 20 for awhile or go home...no big deal, the game will be there tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if I actually got a "marginal" hand? Even to a SB 3-bet? Say Q9s? Now I might cap it, but I'm probably going against at least one real hand, and they are both calling so they can work together against me post-flop. (This is, of course, theoretical as it never got to post-flop).

If I opt to just call 2 more bets, SB can opt to signal to button to raise again because SB is re-raising for value.

But you're probably right. I should probably opt to go home rather than say anything in case I'm wrong. I'm just thinking ahead like I usually do: "What should I do if I encounter them again and again?" I don't have too much experience with cheating (well, at least that I know of). I'm looking for insight on how cheating players are caught and dealt with by the floor.

Again, this was originally a brick and mortar discussion.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

These people obviously suck, your read is inconsistent because this is a terrible way to collude. You can destroy them playing one against two in limit hold'em against bad players. Play the best hand. Don't fold it. If it looks like they are trying to keep you in a hand and milk you, it will probably be extremely obvious, so you can fold those. Most likely they will just try to fold you out on the flop with trash.

Q9s isn't even borderline for me. I'm playing with a lot worse than that. And if they're raise/3-betting any two, why am I against one "real hand"??? If by real-hand you mean king-high, then yeah.

If you want to discuss how to play against good colluders, that's probably more interesting though. But good colluders don't put in 6 SB blind, to steal 1.