View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

Max is a giveaway machine in the playoffs and takes WAAAY to long of shifts and thats two things that Ruff is going to be fired up about.

I think its easy for Ruff to bench Max, they can play it off like hes still struggling with his wrist injury, throw Paille in on the 4th line to bang with Mair, move Kotalik back to the first line since hes earned the promotion, and put Stafford back with Vanek and Roy. From the looks of last night they havent lost a beat.

Triumph, he might be signed long term but you do remeber Ruff benching Vanek, their prize first round pick last year dont you? That could have killed his phsyce but Ruff rolled the dice and I think it turned out well. The Sabres organization thinks with results before dollars, and Max just isn't cutting it right now.

Plus, hes one of the most eligible guys to get out of here if the Sabres have hopes of retaining Briere and Drury AND Vanek. Theres always a market for a player like Max and I wouldnt put it past Darcy to move him in order to keep them.

Side note, is there a better trade deadline move than Dainius Zubrus? Hes a monster out there on the ice, especially down low. His puck possession is awesome and he was one of the only players to show up against the Isles last series.