View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: 10NL - JJ on Button versus a pfr

[ QUOTE ]
I was just giving some thought on watching how opponents react to three-bets. So if this opponent folded to my push, would you make a note like:

Calls 3-bets with hands < TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to discern his hand if he folded, he almost certainly has something non-premium, though there is some (small) chance he bet-folded QQ, or turned AK into an ugly bluff. I'd rather wait to actually see cards shown down to make that kind of note.

WRT 3betting JJ preflop - in a "tough" game I wouldn't reraise JJ, since my tough opponents will 4bet bluff me / 4bet valueraise me enough that I hate getting 4bet still, and conversely they may trap call with KK/AA.

However in an overaggressive game I'll 3bet JJ for value (and call a shove) because there is so much preflop shenanigans going on, and so much "he knows i know he knows so i'll bluff shove" type stuff, especially if I've been active with reraises recently.
Note that one cannot assume a game is overaggro just because it is, say, a 5/10 or 10/20 game, this is more of an opponent-specific type thing.

Surf