View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Pick the \"next gen\" console I should purchase

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely true, ace. My original theory is that the 360 is best now, but that the PS3 will catch up in the future. So, the question is whether I'm willing to sacrifice short-run success and satisfaction for the long run success of the PS3. The FF games and MGS 4 are hard to pass up if I get a 360.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is honestly the smartest post I've heard regarding this. IMO I think it's far too soon to tell the fate of the PS3. I mean it's been on the market for about a year and the games that sold the PS2 haven't come out yet, but are expected in the next year. I love both the FF series (except 12 which was the only one I lost interest in, too much like a MMORPG) and the MGS franchise, so I couldn't be w/out the PS3. On the same note I didn't want to miss out on Halo 3 or (hopefully) KOTOR3.

Right now there are a lot of games for the 360, just not a whole lot that I can submerge myself into. For the PS3 there are even fewer. Since I had the $$ I invested in both, but until Halo came out there wasn't a single game I 'had to have' on the 360 that wasn't also on the PS3. But I think I have ridiculous game expectations that only a few games can attain FWIW.