View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Favourite Teams Roll Call

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What I think is stupid is the people who root for like Michigan football, UNC basketball, and Texas baseball because they all win. You might as well just say, "Hey, I'm a front-running douchebag."

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could be like me, who grew up an hour from Ann Arbor, desired like none other (and for many non-athletic reasons) to attend college at Carolina and wound up at Kentucky. But hell, guess I'm just another douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ Kos. Your particular situation obv. puts you in the minority, which is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't Michigan be a bad program to support in the last 15 years if your a "front-runner." They've been solid for most of the Carr era but they haven't exactly been a top school throughout the tenure.

I personally like Michigan cause I've been a huge fan of Cwebb's since the Fab Five. I applied their for undergrad but had to decline when I got in early to my college. I personally like UNC due to MJ going there. I like the tradition of both schools. I want to go there to get my MBA as well. I would have loved to go there if they had an engineering program. UNC has been solid throughout the last 15 years other than the end of the Bill era and the Matt D era but I also wouldn't call it a super front runner school. I'd be more inclined to see a Duke fan as one of those. But whatever. I support good teams. Then again I support teams that were once very good and are now very bad through the thick and thin (my favorite team in any sport is the 9ers, and I don't know how I take the punishment of the last 5 or so seasons).