View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: $400 PLO8 on stars....am i just far to AgRo

I'm playing this hand exactly like you did in this spot. A-2-J-10 (especially if you've got the suit) is my absolute favorite, favorite hand to make moves like this with. The call on the flop and raise on the turn are probably your best bets here - if you re-raise the flop, you risk him coming back over the top and then you have an actual decision to make (though you're probably not laying it down for the nut flush draw).

There are very few turn cards that can scare you - only the board pairing and perhaps one of the remaining deuces. The check-raise here is best possible play. You may not be ahead now, but no doubt you're favored for taking at least half the pot. Assuming he just calls and has a set or something; if the board doesn't pair and the deuce that's not a heart hits, you've gotten super unlucky and there's not much else you can do about it.

EDIT: Wow, apparently I'm disagreeing with everyone. I love the raise on the turn, is there any way you're not favored for half the pot here?