View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: $400 PLO8 on stars....am i just far to AgRo

GaZaZaZa - I'm primarily a fixed-limit Omaha-8 player rather than a pot-limit player. Thus my considerations for betting are naturally somewhat different than a pot-limit player's considerations.

However, I think the kind of hand that fits well with this particular flop is the same for pot-limit as for fixed-limit.

I discussed a flop very similar to this flop in this current month's on-line 2+2 magazine.

To gain insight as to what types of hands go well or best with this flop, if you already don't know, you might gain insight by reading about case 21 in the magazine article. And you may gain better insight as to how good your own hand is, relative to some possible hands an opponent who knows the game and is probably not bluffing may hold. But of course, since I do not know your opponent, I cannot tell you exactly what cards your opponent holds, in order to logically bet as he/she is betting.

I don't want to discuss the article or my thoughts related to such flops as this one in this forum, but I'll discuss the article and related thoughts in the space provided in the 2+2 Magazine Forum (located at the top of the list of forums). Or maybe it's clear enough so that there are no questions.

In reading your post, it occurred to me that the article might provide some insight, even though it's written primarily with fixed-limit play in mind.

Buzz